Mittwoch, 17. August 2011

New York, New Yoooork !


HELLO guys! I know it hasn’t been too long, BUT THERE IS SO MUCH TO TELL.

First off, my arrival and everything went pretty well (well, prematurely) and I’m  currently at home in Oklahoma. So that’s it about my location.

Imma just start from the beginning.

On Wednesday morning my uncle and his girlfriend picked my mom and me up at 10:15am and we drove to the airport (which took us about 15 minutes, I totally thought it would last longer.) When entering the parking lot, we listened to KC’s My Life Would Suck (of course), and it was awesome.

Then we grabbed my bags and made our way to the meeting spot. Having found it quite quickly, I said hi to some of the girls who were flying with me and to whom I’d talked to on the internet earlier. Not long after, Isi, Lisa and Ira joined us and I was so happy to see them. We all were like totally crazy (as if we hadn’t been crazy before) and it was so fun. Then we had to go through some checks, and gradually, the process through the airport took its way. At one point everyone had to leave their families behind so they could get through the last couple of checks and eventually on the plane, so I hugged all of my family and friends and waved them goodbye. Even though I didn’t think I’d cry, I had to cry a little bit when it came to my best friend and my mom. But I didn’t feel sad at all, so it was rather fine. When being already apart from them, I saw them all waving goodbye and it was the cutest – and funniest – thing when everyone of my guys were doing “feed the birds” to make their farewells. So we got on the plane but unfortunately everyone of our organization was sitting somewhere else, so we were kinda spread all over the plane. Luckily we could manage to switch so Dorina and I were able to sit next to each other, which was the greatest thing ever.


 
After having had some complications (something at the plane broke, they had to fix it which lasted about TWO hours we had to spend on the plane. Great.) we finally made our way to the airport in Newark. When arriving there everyone was really exhausted. Fortunately I got on the first shuttle that drove us to the hotel, so I got there at abou 6 o'clock in the evening (Some others partly got there like 3 hours afterwards, so..). They told me I had to share a room with 3 girls from Norway; they were quite nice but I thought it was sad that I didn’t share a room with Dorina, Angelina or some other girls from my organization I actually knew.

Then we had pizza dinner, but I just ate one piece since I was quite tired and not hungry at all (and since the pizza just tastes like.. fat. Haha!)
Afterwards I called my mom and went to bed, finally.

The next morning I woke up pretty early, like at 6oclock or something. I got up to look out of the window and the sunset was so beautiful; we could see all of the buildings in NYC being emphasized by the orange light of the sun. Look:
 
 


We then got up, breakfasted and began our trip to the Statue Of Liberty. Our trip guides were Chris (he’s so funny; he already took part in several quite famous movies!) and Sherry (also really nice) and riding the bus with them was a blast. We drove with the ferry to get to the Island; and I gotta say the Statue is really pretty, but I’d actually thought it was taller and thinner, but well. This is me, Dorina and Angelina in front it.


  
After that we took the ferry back and went to a mall where we could go shopping for a little bit and had our lunch (Subway sandwiches, yummy).  Then we walked around in town, watched several buildings and went to a graveyard, a memorial house and some other sightseeings.
At some point in the afternoon we all went to Chinatown and were able to spend a couple of hours there doing whatever we wanted to. So Dorina, Sabine, Angelina and me gathered and decided to head to Starbucks at first. When we ordered we had to tell them our names so they could name the mugs, and they totally got all of our names wrong, it was so fun. 



When wandering round in Chinatown we made a pretty good bargain. In the evening we went to have our chicken dinner; the chicken I took was delicious but the fries were so dark because of all of the fat and thex didn’t taste too delicious. Althought the brownies afterwards were reaaally tasty ;)

So then we drove back to the hotel, after a loong, loong day, took some pics while walking on the Brooklyn Bridge (it was an overwhelming and unbelievable experience and SO precious!!) and I finally went to bed when we got there.

The next morning Dorina, Angelina and I had breakfast together. We just baked waffles, took muffins, maple sirup, fruits and everything else there was to try, haha. Even though the waffle tastes quite extraordinary and not like a waffle at all (so did the scrambled eggs), the muffins were pretty delicious.
Then we got our lunch bags and drove to the city, our first stop was a new built parc through which we walked. It was really pretty but it was really hot because the sun kept burning on our head and bodies. Afterwards we went to Central Park and had our lunch there. I liked Central Park pretty much and I thought the fountain was beautiful! We took a picture altogether which was awesome. There you go:



Having left Central Park we drove back into the city and were dropped off in front of the Rockefeller Center Plaza. Now we had some time to go shopping (which was not that much of a use because walking to a store lasted so long so you had to come back quite soon to not be late; we made it to a H&M store, thought, which had three floors and was the biggest H&M I’ve EVER been to), then we met to go on top of the building (67 floors, omg. But the sight was soooo amazing! Look:
 

        
And when we rode the elevator there were some cool graphics and lights on the top bahaha)
After spending 20 minutes on the roof we had some more time to go shopping around in the area, but we were quite exhausted so we didn’t get to many stores. BUT. We got us some sparkling water (YAY) anddddddd I discovered a Ben & Jerry’s store I just couldn’t just pass by. OMG. I got myself “Late Night Snack” and it was ‘MAAAZIN !

Later on we drove to Times’ Square where we had to pair in groups of four; I gathered with Angelina, Sabine and Dorina (again, lol). We decided to have dinner at the Hard Rock Café first (it was DELICIOUS and I bought a Shirt for my uncle and me!!) and then we were joined by some other foreign students and went through the streets and some stores, for example the M&M’s store and an electronic store. I got a pic with an M&M AND with Micky Mouse, isn’t that awesome??

        
At some point we just placed at the stairs and sat there to watch the city darken and the lights glow even more. It was such an overwhelming and epic experience you can’t couch in terms.


  
At the end of the day we all got into the bus and just shortly stopped by at a lane a little bit distanced from the city so we could watch the skyline one last time and take pictures of it. MAVELLOUS is all I have to say.



The rest of the evening Angelina, Dorina and I were just exchanging pictures and then went to bed. The next morning I got up at 7 so I could breakfast with the two of them and say them goodbye since they had to leave at 8:30am already. After a pretty sad goodbye I went to my room and since everyone was gone I skyped with some of my best friends which was fun. I’d already gotten all of my stuff packed so I left the room on time at 12:00am and placed myself in the lobby with my pc. Sabine and some other girls joined me and we ended up looking at some pics we’d taken within the three days in New York City.
 

At 1:30pm our shuttle picked us up and Sabine and said Chris goodbye, got on the shuttle and quit it at Terminal C. Having gone through some checks, we were told to go to Terminal A so we drove there. After we’d finally found where I had to go we decided to get some dunkin’ donuts (AWESOME) and when it was about time to leave I made my farewell’s with Sabine and got through the last security check (I even had to take my shoes off, ANNOYING!). I quickly found my gate, bought some water and then sat on one of the chairs. During the 1 ½ that I had to wait before getting onto the plane I even talked to a couple who’d actually lived in Newalla, woo!

Okay guys, so that’s pretty much it about New York. I know I’ve already landed in Okla like 4 days ago, but everything’s been really busy. Tomorrow will be my first day at school and I’m pretty excited! So I’ll just post this for now and continue this entry later on (then I’ll tell you about my arrival and my first days in Oklahoma.)

Have a great day y’all! & Cheers from Okla!

Anja xoxo

P.S. I was really tired when I wrote this so if you find mistakes you can keep 'em (:

1 Kommentar:

  1. Toll: die wunderschönen Bilder und es macht Spaß, deinen Bericht zu lesen. Da bekommt man selbst große Lust auf New York! Freut mich sehr, dass du dort so eine tolle Zeit hattest. Bin schon gespannt auf deine Nachrichten aus Okla!!!

    AntwortenLöschen